Summer Home Maintenance Tips
SUMMER HOME MAINTENANCE TIPS
With the change of each season comes a new set of maintenance tasks for your home. Here’s a quick checklist:
- Check detectors – Check your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re working properly.
- Inspect air-conditioners – Remove and clean any filters or consider a professional servicing.
- Clean ceiling fans with a damp rag or use a ceiling fan duster that can help you clean hard to reach blades.
- Clean your outdoor grill. For gas grills, turn the heat up to high and let the grill cook with the lid closed for about half an hour. Allow the grill to cool and then brush it off with a grill brush. Wipe down the exterior with a damp sponge and a gentle cleanser. Clean the grill’s drip pans.
- If you didn’t wash your windows this spring – now would be a good time to take care of that job.
- Check your hoses and exterior faucets for leaks – wasting water can cost you a lot!
- Primp your plants – deadhead perennials and annuals to keep them productive Remove dead foliage from spring bulbs. Trim shrubs that need a bit of reshaping after the spring and summer growth.
- Head to the front porch with a tall glass of iced tea or lemonade and enjoy!