Easy Pumpkin Soup – This thick and creamy pumpkin soup is simple to make using canned pumpkin puree! Caramelized onions, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger give this fall favorite soup amazing warm flavor!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Large Yellow Onions Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 215 Ounce Cans Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions to the pan and cook stirring occasionally until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to the onions and stir constantly for one minute.
- Add 1/4 Cup of the chicken stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, water, and pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Turn heat to low and simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and use a handheld immersion blender to puree the soup. Alternately, use a regular blender and puree the soup in 2-3 batches.
- Stir the heavy cream into the soup, serve immediately with warm bread if desired.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 823mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 690IU | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 0.4mg