HOME MAINTENANCE SPRING CHECKLIST
FINALLY! It’s the season when everything springs into action. Including you. So, roll up your sleeves and take care of a few things that may have been neglected over the winter month.
Spring cleaning is a good place to start. Here’s a list of things to consider doing:
- Take a look at the roof. Make sure there is no winter damage to your shingles.
- Clean the gutters – get the leaves out and clear any downspouts.
- Run outside faucets. Make sure nothing is leaking and hook up your garden hoses.
- Give your AC a little attention. Remove debris from around the unit, replace filters and clean vents. Clogged filters can lead to lower air quality in your home. Don’t skip this step. You may be able to lower your energy consumption.
- Run the sprinklers. Keep an eye out for leaks and malfunctioning sprinkler heads. Make sure your sprinklers are watering our grass or shrubs and not your porch or sidewalk.
- Inspect windows and doors. Fix any screens, clean the tracks and seals with a vacuum attachment or soft brush before washing the window panes.
- Spruce up your landscaping. Tidy up flowerbeds and fertilize.
- Perform routine home safety checks such as changing the batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Check fire extinguishers to make sure the needle is in the green zone. Exhaust fans should also be working well.
- Contact your HVAC technician to have your spring check on your furnace and all related systems.