YOUR SEASONAL HOME MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
Home chores may not be your first choice for how to spend a Saturday, but regular preventive maintenance can keep small problems from becoming big headaches, saving you time and money in the long run. The following seasonal approach to caring for your home will help you tackle tasks at the right time without feeling overwhelmed.
- Adjust ceiling fans to spin clockwise (to distribute the warmer air near the ceiling).
- Clean the refrigerator and freezer; vacuum the coils on the back of the unit.
- Check seals on doors and windows and replace weather stripping where necessary.
- Clean the kitchen exhaust hood and air filter.
- Clean and organize the basement, garage and other storage areas.
- Check ventilation and the seals on ducts in the attic to prevent ice dams in cold winter climates.